Kerala Tourism on Brief?

The best, the worst and everything in between. Discuss them here. Applaud them or tear them to shreds!

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

encyclomedia
Site Admin

Kerala Tourism on Brief?

Post by encyclomedia »

Creative Director: B R Swarup
Art Director: Haridas B
Photographer: Prabuddha Dasgupta

Concept Note/Brief:Extensive research across the last decade amongst travelers to Kerala (more international than domestic) has consistently revealed that “something” happens to them while they are here – something that alters their mindspace.

The triggers for this "something" often include the relaxed “pace” of the destination, the,
'openness' and warmth of Kerala and its people, or even the distinctive 'rawness' of the land.

The crux of the matter is that everyone seems to remember this trigger. Many are acutely aware of this epiphany, this sudden intuitive leap of understanding, caused by a seemingly ordinary, but striking occurrence.

The campaign is all about this trigger – this moment. In a manner of speaking, the campaign tries to capture the mindspace, with every frame so rooted in reality, that it more than verges on the unreal.
Attachments
kerala03.jpg
kerala02.jpg
kerala03.jpg
I am not the admin anymore.
encyclomedia
Site Admin

Re: Kerala Tourism on Brief?

Post by encyclomedia »

sorry repeated one ad.
Attachments
kerala01.jpg
I am not the admin anymore.
Anjana Kamat

Post by Anjana Kamat »

I dont know if these ads will get tourists into Kerala. I really dont think so. The real Kerala is so full of beauty and soul. This looks like an ad for a spa or a garments brand.
vasanth

Post by vasanth »

TRUE! It does look more like a spa ad... The use of elephants also sticks to the american stereotype of the "INDIAN RAJA". Dont you think there should be more emphasis on the difference in the type of life and wherever else vs Kerala, as that is what makes the experience special?
amey katkar

Post by amey katkar »

the essence of kerala is missing...its somewhat incomplete when v actually see kerala...the photography is cool enough..!!!!
no copy only inspiration..whatever
ronit.s1989

Post by ronit.s1989 »

Its shown as if india is all about some sort of black magic or something.... Kerala is way more beautiful than this!
amey katkar

Post by amey katkar »

ronit.s1989 wrote:Its shown as if india is all about some sort of black magic or something.... Kerala is way more beautiful than this!
:D :D :D :D i neeedd coconutsss :D :D :D
Saumya

Post by Saumya »

this is not how I envisioned Kerala. Truly it looks like a campaign for a Spa. But even then, for THAT purpose. its nice :)
Kikikikikiki bleach-treated my avatar! Isn't she sweet?
amey katkar

Post by amey katkar »

the only question that every1 will ask after watching this ad is....where are the coconut treess more emphasis must be given to the beauty of trees, lakes and greenary..!!
vasanth

Post by vasanth »

Anyone got the stats on the success of this campaign? Did the number of consumers for kerala spa treatment rise?
jungle ki raani

Post by jungle ki raani »

from what I know, this campaign was meant for the returning travelers to Kerala.

The main campaign, which talks about Gods Own Country etc, gets the first time traveller. But lakhs of people RETURN to Kerala to rediscover other aspects they had missed on their first trip. This is targeted at that. Maybe someone should do a small research on this one.
mein jungle ki raani, tumhari honey.
amey katkar

Post by amey katkar »

okaayyyyyyyyy coool...goood info
Anjana Kamat

Post by Anjana Kamat »

Another one from Kerala Tourism
Attachments
kerala.jpg
bajajsachin

Post by bajajsachin »

The government of India has taken drastic steps to improve the tourism in India. Visit online to know more about tourism.
bajajsachin

Post by bajajsachin »

Who do not like to roam and travel. But we need a guide who can give us some useful tips about travelling.And if this guide is available online like The Better India, we can travel on the go.