Promotional communication and creativity

The best, the worst and everything in between. Discuss them here. Applaud them or tear them to shreds!

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

DADADA

Promotional communication and creativity

Post by DADADA »

Hello,
i think that in promotional campaign in general there's no way to be creative, you've a product or service to sell, and you've to be straight forward and clear, do you agree with me?
everybody is creative
Saumya

Re: Promotional communication and creativity

Post by Saumya »

i think promotinas cn be awesome creative. the idea of a promotion itself can be very very creative.

an example is the Vodafone Tuesdays promotion. IF you have a Vodafone number, you get one free at movies, coffees, pizzas etc on tuesdays! I think thats an awesome idea! you should see the crowds at theatres on tuesdays!
Kikikikikiki bleach-treated my avatar! Isn't she sweet?
vikram sharma

Post by vikram sharma »

another examplw is Red Bull. they hardly ever advertise.

Now the most popular energy drink on the market, Red Bull enjoys over 80% of the energy drinks market in the UK and many other European countries, and nearly 50% of the US market, but just how did Red Bull do it? Read case study here
Fight the recession! Spend more money! Increase our Wages!
vikas

Post by vikas »

Isnt there a One Show Category for promotionals?
"Main Kahan Hoon?"
basant kumar

Post by basant kumar »

promotionals can definitely be creative. it depends on the client if they want to buy something creatiove.
Allen Mathews

Post by Allen Mathews »

can you define what kind of promotionals, dadada?
Hello! I am Allen Mathews. I want to make films.
DADADA

Post by DADADA »

Allen Mathews wrote:can you define what kind of promotionals, dadada?
i mean, when a telecom operator tell you: "i have -50% discount on 3 months of adsl subscription" you have to straight forward in your ad, no way to be conceptual, what do you think?
everybody is creative
Ek Kanya

Post by Ek Kanya »

its possible, DADADA, I can remeber a brazilian detergent ad where a woman comes out with a huge laundry basket, looks at the clothing line and extends it. cut to logo and it says 'New Ariel (or whatever the detergent was): Now 15% extra'.

so I would think that even a 50% extra on 6 months' subscription can be told interestingly.
DADADA

Post by DADADA »

Ek Kanya wrote:its possible, DADADA, I can remeber a brazilian detergent ad where a woman comes out with a huge laundry basket, looks at the clothing line and extends it. cut to logo and it says 'New Ariel (or whatever the detergent was): Now 15% extra'.

so I would think that even a 50% extra on 6 months' subscription can be told interestingly.
I agree with you, but i forgot to mention that i speak about outdoor and press, it's more tight than TV.
everybody is creative
Hasmukh

Post by Hasmukh »

i cant think of anything offhand but i KNOW there are some. let me search for them
mere...paise zara badhayenge...Boss??
Superman

Post by Superman »

here's two:

Ikea BillboardPartnership Activation, a site which generates promotional ideas for the sports marketing world, highlighted an effective billboard created by Ikea (or their agency). As you can see, the billboard is a giant price tag with a small chair attached. The obvious goal to emphasize their low prices is creatively achieved through this billboard. The reason I agree with this billboard and goal is because Ikea has always been a relatively low-cost provider. They provide good, build-it-yourself furniture at reasonable prices. This type of ad is not a good idea (in my opinion) for Williams-Sonoma, Cadillac or Raulph Lauren. Said companies need to continue to focus on product over price and avoid confusion.
ikea.jpg
this Chevrolet billboard was concocted entirely of pennies. The point was to emphasis the automobile budget-friendless…Perhaps money really does make the world go ’round, because the promotional billboard was picked clean within half an hour!
chevrolet-billboard.jpg
silly lily

Post by silly lily »

:D
633730027442524060-partialnudityclothing50off.jpg
DADADA

Post by DADADA »

Superman wrote:here's two:

Ikea BillboardPartnership Activation, a site which generates promotional ideas for the sports marketing world, highlighted an effective billboard created by Ikea (or their agency). As you can see, the billboard is a giant price tag with a small chair attached. The obvious goal to emphasize their low prices is creatively achieved through this billboard. The reason I agree with this billboard and goal is because Ikea has always been a relatively low-cost provider. They provide good, build-it-yourself furniture at reasonable prices. This type of ad is not a good idea (in my opinion) for Williams-Sonoma, Cadillac or Raulph Lauren. Said companies need to continue to focus on product over price and avoid confusion.
ikea.jpg
this Chevrolet billboard was concocted entirely of pennies. The point was to emphasis the automobile budget-friendless…Perhaps money really does make the world go ’round, because the promotional billboard was picked clean within half an hour!
chevrolet-billboard.jpg
but do you have an example for -50% off in telecom such adsl for example ?
everybody is creative
Paromita

Post by Paromita »

i think there are plenty of good examples of 50% off ads out there. Will have to search for them. in what context ate you asking? for motivation?
Shahrukh Khan

Post by Shahrukh Khan »

If 50% off on telecom means you can talk more, we can do something like this.
We can be creative if we choose to. Else we can sulk. And think how the other guys are making more money.
Attachments
TwoMouthsLaughingFace.jpg
PS: I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT, the real Shahrukh Khan. :)