WORDSMITH ADVERTISING (previously known as FOUNTAINHEAD Adv)

Discuss the Agency. The Good. the Bad. The Ugly. Find out more before you take the leap!

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

zoeb

WORDSMITH ADVERTISING (previously known as FOUNTAINHEAD Adv)

Post by zoeb »

I was working for wordsmith in pune. I would like to share my experience so that all the noob's here would get a better know how... i read their ad in the paper calling freshers (noobs) to work for them in pune.. i got real happy.. jumped on my motorcycle and zoomed off for their office.... Interview went real good..they asked me to come in and join them as an intern from monday.. my happy happy feeling was amplified more and i had a great weekend.... looking forward to work on monday i reached looking sharp with hair parted to the side (the sucessfull look) on arrival they gave me 4 files..asked me to read em gud..and i cud take my time on it.. after readin them..i was supsd to come up with an idea to make the ad's so i did.. the 4 brands in question here were

1. Talwalkars Gym
2. Bajaj Allianz
3. Brahma college of catering (local construction house in pune )
4. Kakade Mall (Upcoming mall in pune city)

i did the needfull submitted my ideas.. and they told me to come directly on a friday wen they wud decide who won the job LOL

friday.. butterflies all over the place i go in....UNFORTUNATELY i didnt get the job.... sad and reallly disappointed i turn away.. hoping that one day i will score an advertising job... not to forget the hour long bhashan i got from MR. Banerjee the parnter of the firm for pune.. telling me his story about his battle in the advertising field..

3 months later and i swear on the virgin mary the 4 ideas i gave them....all up on hoardings and spread in newspapers.. the only people who are witness of this story are my college friends... my girlfriend and my scrappy drawing book in which the rough sketches and ideas are written....

OUTCOME OF STORY : I was $*&$*&$) in the @!#

i almost forgot to add.. reason they gave me for denial of the job : im not good in english

UHHH i wasnt applying for the copywriters post...AND i was willing to work for 2000 rupees..talk about cheap labour
Paramvir
Site Admin

Post by Paramvir »

Zoeb, your tale is truly of horror and dismay.
just what exactly is the full name of Mr Banerjee?

Maybe you can drag them to consumer's court. Another advice would be to go to the clients directly if you have the roughs/layouts with you.
Europa

Post by Europa »

this is horrendous!!!
you should take this to the Advertising Agencies Association of India!
Ek Kanya

Post by Ek Kanya »

Zoeb, i will mark a mass forward to all my friends to boycott these people. I know someone who knows the management at Talwalkars'. A mail will go to them as well.
zoeb

r u serious ??

Post by zoeb »

Umm.. its like i had sum strange voodoo put by sum african woman.. LOL.. i was intrested in Advertising cuz i like the coming up wid ideas to sell products.... and come up with a plan.. i have dun sum freelance work in pune..and been a part of a massive idea campaign....

my bad luck doesnt stop here.. i completed my HSC from Ness Wadia college.. wid 62% fair enuf for a weirdo like me :D i was doin my FYB.COM happily Untill i heard about RAI UNIVERSITY LOL

i dropped my FYB.COM almost instantly..and enrolled for the next year at rai university..technically wasting a year.. and im sure you all are aware of what RAI UNIVERSITY did.... it &^*(@D us in the A$$

ANYWAYS.. i really appreciate the response to the topic.. i am currently working as a freelance thinker ** i joined this community for HELP

im 23 years old.. i really need a job.. i hate not thinkng about new concepts for ad's... and dont tell me to join an agency cuz i really dont want to... i have no faith.. ive become super paranoid :twisted: wat i do want to do on the flipside now is open my own agency cuz i do have a solid database in pune....and i know a lot of people who float ad's around.. and i am capturing them..infact i have done ad's for a couple of restaurants and lounge ...a local suit manufacturing house which is owned by a very close friend of mine... i will upload my work soon..

i need to know how to register the name of an ad agency cuz .. my friend who is a rich guy wants to go into partnership with me..and help me open an advertising agency in pune city.. a small one..so u guys working at big agencies need not worry :) LOL im not gonna steal ur clients..... jst please lemme knw how to register the name of an agency....i wud love to work wid freelance adobe and corel guys and girls here so inform me if you are intrested .. cheer's
zoeb

@paramveer

Post by zoeb »

sir i do not remember his full name i do however have his business card will find it and let you know.

he had a sidekick who was incharge of the creativity his name i proudly remember as Mr.Bhooshan Kolhatkar

i dont choose to cling on to the past... i choose to learn from it..and move on STEAL THEIR CLIENTS :evil:

i am gonna upload my work soon sir... so u can have a look an lemme knw wat u think..

Disclaimer : All criticism will be handled wid a lil bit of curd and sugar for easy digestion.
zoeb

Post by zoeb »

@paramvir

sir his name is Mr.Arnab Banerjee
Europa

Post by Europa »

Better do some reading up on the business of advertising and brand building before you take up some clients' assignments. And yes, brushing up on your language would certainly help. All the best.
zoeb

Post by zoeb »

any suggestions on which book to read ??
Ek Kanya

Post by Ek Kanya »

'which book to read'
funny question. But you seem to have the confidence to build great brands, as of now itself. You suggest?
zoeb

Post by zoeb »

hehe.. well i hope what ur saying even if said sarcastically comes true sumday...
zoeb

Post by zoeb »

i am yet to hear on the registering process in india..

does anyone know the procedure involved in registering the name of an advertising agency ?
Allen Mathews

Re: WORDSMITH ADVERTISING (previously known as FOUNTAINHEAD Adv)

Post by Allen Mathews »

hello zoeb! i was going through this old thread and thought of giving you buzz! what are you doing these days?
Hello! I am Allen Mathews. I want to make films.
vikram sharma

Re: WORDSMITH ADVERTISING (previously known as FOUNTAINHEAD Adv)

Post by vikram sharma »

your experience is quiet sad. sorry for revising an old thread, but I myself have faced such horrendous behaviour, which is nothing short of piracy.
Fight the recession! Spend more money! Increase our Wages!
mad munkie

Re: WORDSMITH ADVERTISING (previously known as FOUNTAINHEAD

Post by mad munkie »

I am being tempted to throw in my two cents.Having spent a while in the aforementioned agency.I have had the privilege of getting those gyan sessions more often that i wished for .But, it helped me build a folio that is generally considered good.But the only downfalls of this agency is that, the constant hearing of too much b2b work done, there is no wild stuff in your portfolio.
Secondly,its how things happen to you .For me it was a mixed ride.Made great friends.Did some killer b2b work which was appreciated and gave me a solid foundation .

Cheers.