Motivating your team of creatives

Make your general posts here. About just everything!

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

antzfx

Motivating your team of creatives

Post by antzfx »

FIVE beautiful ways to appreciate and motivate your team
  • Walk to them and acknowledge their contribution. "It was good that you helped the junior in the video editing."
  • Announce your appreciation publicly about things that were on collective responsibility, but one person or a group did on behalf of the entire team. "Thank you for taking the initiative to fill the book shelf with design books."
  • When customer or any stakeholder appreciates, send email to the person/group congratulating them with all the 'big shots' marked in CC.
  • Repeat the above appreciation in town halls, email reports and inside presentations. Create a paper trail!
  • Go out for tea/lunch/dinner with the team (purely based on how much money you can spend from your own pocket as some companies won't help with the expense on 'team building').
Do you have any other points to be added to this list? Do comment below...
basant kumar

Re: Motivating your team of creatives

Post by basant kumar »

I think sitting with your juniors and talking to them about their life goals, growth path and offering valid advice.
When I started I had to grapple with everything. Seniors wouldn't help. The atmosphere has generally been very toxic politically in an ad agency.

(Welcome back on DC. The forums have become much less inhabited these days, I guess because of FB. But this was always a place I liked.)