I NEED ALL OF YOU.

Students wanting to share their work may discuss here

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

leinikca

I NEED ALL OF YOU.

Post by leinikca »

Hi everyone.

I recently completed my diploma in advertising design in Singapore. I am looking for a job, but everything sounds too difficult. I need advices form all of you who used to have the same situation (maybe). I love to hear all the great "bad" comments form you guys. Please check out my portfolio http://www.offthewell.blogspot.com . Please jot out my weakness. Thanks to all of you.

Email: leinikca@yahoo.ca
YahooMessenger: leinikca

Three ads chosen at random from leinicka's blog : admin

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Hi, i also just completed my diploma and yes, it's hard, very hard instead. But don't give up, i think you are good but just not good enough. I might not in a place to give any comments since i also failed to enter the agency but as long as you don't give up, you are still in the race. Of all your work, the ad that for the blind campaign are the best of all! The rest need to work on art directions. I graduated from NAFA, how about you? Your blind campaign i did the same thing but with a series, i will post it once i recovered all my lost files. But the message are different from yours. Mine one are 1. It's a sign that's not popular, sadly that's the problem. 2. All of us knew this language, most of us don't understand it. The third one is the same message as yours but different words. It is We read with eyes, they read with fingers. Anyway, my work is the Shieldtox that i posted a while ago in My work/ My portfolio. Give me some comments too! Thanks!
Hasmukh

Post by Hasmukh »

Hey both you guys have great work and better folios than we had in our times. Also landing a jobshouldnt be so difficult for you guys since there is always a need for young people to fill the entry level slots. Dont lose heart! Also you can try getting in touch with ms tan (i think thats her name, shes jury on adsofthemonth.com). She has a very successful placement consultancy in singapore.
mere...paise zara badhayenge...Boss??
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Thanks Has! It's really hard, the standards are very high and very demanding in Singapore! I was rejected alot of times...-_-, but will never give up. Will try again when im prepare!
Hasmukh

Post by Hasmukh »

Sorry for the delayed response.
I am sure the standards are high, but do they really matter so much at the entry level?
Have you considered working in a foreign country? Maybe australia/malaysia for a couple of years before moving back? Ask Dalbir on these boards. He has phenomenal international exposure...
Hasmukh

Re: I NEED ALL OF YOU.

Post by Hasmukh »

hey hows your advertising career coming along?