WHY DESI CREATIVES DO SO MUCH PATLI GALLI?

Discussions for Patli Gali...

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

TruthHurts

WHY DESI CREATIVES DO SO MUCH PATLI GALLI?

Post by TruthHurts »

Open any advertising forum and you see 80% of the comments by desis.
Open any advertising blogs and you see 50% of the work by desis out of which a lot is fake which we call patli galli. I asked one of my reputed friends who has 90% public service ads in his portfolio and lot of hot awards. He says it is our passion. Desi creatives are passionate about advertising. But is it only passion to do fake ads, why are our average work so bad? I think there is some other reason. One is we have nothing better to do beyond our work. How many of us actually have a date? How many of us actually have social life, meeting friends, going to concerts, art galleries? Maybe we all live with parents and don't like the idea of going home full of family? I still find it amazing that so many of us in advertising get arranged marriages, while people in bank or regular jobs get love marriage. Is it because the other professionals go out and enjoy life and we stick ourself in the world of palti galli? AM i being too cynical? Shantyarrow, life joke, what do you guys think?
Ek Kanya

Post by Ek Kanya »

1) i do not know anyone in advertising who had an arranged marriage
2) true, people in advertising are bad at social commitments/time
3) my pov: advertising peple are not assionate about advertising. We are what we call 'shyana'. We take pride in small scams. Like shoifing and being boastful, cheating someone (or on someone) and being boastful etc. We do not take advertising seriously, but we do take this 'shyanapanti' seriously. Ask anyone, ANYONE, in advertising, and they would ather be something else, like photographers, film makers, actors etc

where is the dedication and innovation in day to day work?
Vigyapan Sipahi

Post by Vigyapan Sipahi »

everyone is doing palti galli, the point is who is doing it cleverly and winning?
Hasmukh

Post by Hasmukh »

Why? All those international awards are patli gali only. Hardly seen a legit campaign out there
mere...paise zara badhayenge...Boss??
DesiPimp

Post by DesiPimp »

But i agree, so many creatives and the clients have no life in india. hence they stay in the air conditioned broadband environment of the office compared to their flats. if only there were places they could go to hang out after work they wouldn't be staying in office.
Paramvir
Site Admin

Post by Paramvir »

if we see the real work happening in India, then you will know why. take a lok at this thread:

http://desicreative.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1319