Printing your Font Catalog

Discuss the tools of our business. From Photoshop to Media Tools!

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

Paramvir
Site Admin

Printing your Font Catalog

Post by Paramvir »

Sometimes its important to have a font catalogue handy. You can easily print your own with your installed fonts using Font Book.

Go to Font Book -> Edit -> Select All -> Print (Dont forget to save as PDF to save paper)
Attachments
This what your font catalogue will look like.
This what your font catalogue will look like.
Paramvir
Site Admin

Re: Printing your Font Catalog

Post by Paramvir »

We also love FontCat (USD 20 only)

FontCat makes it easy to view and print font catalogs / specimen sheets without having to install the fonts. FontCat includes a separate print layout editor where you can design your own specimen sheets or use one of the supplied layouts to print out font sample sheets or entire font catalogs.
You can create custom layouts to print font specimen sheets, print to PDF files or image files for viewing or sending to clients.
Paramvir
Site Admin

Post by Paramvir »

If you have Adobe InDesign installed, Adobe has a free script that lets you create your own font catalgue. Download it here.

If you want to have a simple catalogue of all the fonts on your system and fonts currently in the In Design fonts folder download and run this script. Once you run the script a document will be created listing all fonts. The script will put down the name of the font, the style and the look of the characters in caps and lower case from a to z and 1 to 9. Example: Arial Regular [Path: C:\Windows\Fonts\arial.ttf ] the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 1234567890!@#$%^&*() Export the document to PDF or print it as a reference document. Update: International characters have been included in this new version
Anurag

Post by Anurag »

Nice. I have always wondered how to print the entire font catalogue. I can even make a PDF and keep it with me for reference.
Advertising is 90% Gadhagiri 10% Pfaff
Anjana Kamat

Post by Anjana Kamat »

Superb! And by using the OSX Print to PDF feature, i can have my own paper saving pdf catalogues!