Some Flash/ XML queries

Here you can discuss Digital creative, new websites, online campaigns and virals, technology etc
pixelfiesta

Some Flash/ XML queries

Post by pixelfiesta »

Hi Guys,

This is for someone who is well-versed in FLash, XML and programming. But others are welcome to comment. I am working on my online portfolio and wish to discuss a few things while it is in development stage

The Works section: Its going to be a XML driven flash which will pull individual JPGs from a library and the XML file will have the descriptions. Mine is a vast portfolio, ranging from Books, Events, Branding, typography to web, plus I have worked for different industries like Banking, Hospitality, IT, Petroleum, etc. And then there is a whole list of clients I have worked for.

I was wondering if there is a script or there is something that will allow the user to see my portfolio in 3 different ways — By Category, By Industry and By Clients. I do not wish to recreate different folders and then duplicate anything into them. All should be script driven.

Does anyone have a solution? Have you seen something like this before? Any suggestion on how else this could be beautifully displayed.
pixelfiesta

Re: Some Flash/ XML queries

Post by pixelfiesta »

I can see 3 topics while I posted only once! Is it only me or others too.
Trust me, its not my fault. Might be a server glitch