Nescafe Alarm Clock - What do you guys think about this?

All discussions regarding new Campaigns go here.

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

amey katkar

Nescafe Alarm Clock - What do you guys think about this?

Post by amey katkar »

[youtube]8ZohB3q7rJo[/youtube]

Here’s how the Nescafé Alarm Clock works: The base of the lid is made up of a four-way joystick and an OLED display, powered by an arduino, while the lid itself is 3D printed in two parts.
The outside is made from nylon laser sintered by Shapeways and the inside is fabricated by NOTlabs on their Makerbot Replicators. And all 200 jars of coffee were hand assembled and soldered by NOTlabs. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of NOTCOT, Jean Aw, explains how 3D printing was essential to the project, “From the first discussions, 3D printing was already integral to the original concept. The greatest benefit to [printing in-house] was being able to make minor changes on the fly during the production process and make sure everything fit ever-so-perfectly.”
no copy only inspiration..whatever
Canis major

Re: Nescafe Alarm Clock - What do you guys think about this?

Post by Canis major »

Very cool. Nescafe needs to do something revolutionary. The cap idea is great but it might be annoying to go to the kitchen every morning as soon as the caps wake you.

They could have given a mug that tells you the temp of your coffee and when its too hot to drink and when its too cold and needs heating. It should be like a cap on the cup so that you can remove it and put into the microwave.
Canis major

Post by Canis major »

Sorry I don't know why I wrote the crappy unsafe part. I'm drifting in and out.
star

Post by star »

What did this do to the brand? I have never heard of this from Nestle?