back after a break!

Ok Guys! Heres it! One of the most under the carpet areas, but one that funds most of our car EMIs. Advertising Freelance. Post Jobs and debates. Get work and buy another Car!

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

design5

back after a break!

Post by design5 »

I'm an Independent design professional (design5). i quit my full time job a high profile Creative Director to be a full time mom, but now as life and my lil one allows me, i am planning to get back to work.
I have been working as a freelancer since 2006.

i have a university diploma, for fine art and design that sparked a life long practice. i have a serious crush on photography and i'm most often spotted behind my camera. i'm obsessed over the continuity of comprehensive brand campaigns and compulsively constructed custom projects across communication disciplines of 2d graphic, 3d space & direct marketing, time and again.

i speak i critique. i care. i have significant experience with branding /identity at the corporate level with the ability to communicate through collateral materials, publications, catalogs, and packaging within brand styles.

i've worked with patrons large and small, entrepreneurs, agencies and in-house. i encourage long hours, odd clients, low budgets and tight deadlines to try to make me flinch.

you can view my portfolio at my folio : http://www.coroflot.com/design5 or http://www.design5.biz
I smile more than I frown, but I frown more than I laugh. I think more than I talk, but I talk more than I want...
Allen Mathews

Re: back after a break!

Post by Allen Mathews »

nice work dude. post some here so we dont have to keep chasing links please.
Hello! I am Allen Mathews. I want to make films.
design5

Post by design5 »

Allen Mathews wrote:nice work dude. post some here so we dont have to keep chasing links please.
like i said, i'm a stay at home 'mom', so this dude will definitely try to put up some more work here.
I smile more than I frown, but I frown more than I laugh. I think more than I talk, but I talk more than I want...
Pencil_Girl

Post by Pencil_Girl »

wow! stay at home mom! nice! how do you get the work? freelance? got your own list of clients? do you use online freelance sites liek elance, guru.com etc?
design5

Post by design5 »

Pencil_Girl wrote:wow! stay at home mom! nice! how do you get the work? freelance? got your own list of clients? do you use online freelance sites liek elance, guru.com etc?
i've usually got work through references, some through old colleagues and sometimes but rarely through freelance sites.

i've tried using AFAQS, plug into projects, but the deal usually ends due to differences in monies.
it seems indian clients want good work but cant pay for it!
Allen Mathews

Post by Allen Mathews »

sorry about the dude bit. I shouldnt have taken gender for granted.

Indians are just unwilling to pay for anything. have you seen an affluent housewife, out of her hond city, bargaining with the bhaji wala over a two rupees diffeence?
Hello! I am Allen Mathews. I want to make films.