Following was my strategy --
1. My blog has 33,000 page views in a year. I posted the design in my blog. My Calendar Design of 2009 was a hit and so I gave links of 2010 calendar in that article and also placed small ads about this Calender in my blog. http://fullfx.antzfx.com
2. I announced about the existence of this design in Twitter. http://twitter.com/antzfx
I have only less than 90 followers, but most of them are from design background. This resulted in some re-tweets and mentions in RSS Feed Aggregators.
3. I posted news about this design in forums including desiCreative.com, SmashingMagazine.com, IIScForum.com...
4. The Students' magazine in IISc -- 'Voices' -- sent the link of my blog to the whole IISc Community (3000+ people) in their New Year Message on 31-Dec-2009.
5. LinkedIn, Orkut, Facebook status updates on the design of 2010 calendar.
6. Took some prints of this calendar as a desktop calendar and sent them to people who interacted with me in 2009 -- this includes clients, friends, mentors... The mention of the blog in the print version made these people to visit the blog and download the soft copy.
7. That's it. I am writing this point just to make the total number 'seven.'
Detailed steps on how I made this calendar will be posted in my blog within a couple of days:http://fullfx.antzfx.com/2009/12/26/des ... ndar-2010/
Please check back later to know the story.