Hearing Aid ad got published

Upload your work, advertising portfolio, photography, illustrations and paintings, 3D/2D stills and animation, anything, released or unreleased. This is like a ramp show. Show off your wildest stuff...

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

jeet.kabasi

Hearing Aid ad got published

Post by jeet.kabasi »

This is one ad of mine that got published in Delhi Times of Times of India recently.
Plz comment
Attachments
karizma ad.jpg
Saumya

Re: Hearing Aid ad got published

Post by Saumya »

hi jeet. congratulations on your release.

what do you feel about your own ad?
Kikikikikiki bleach-treated my avatar! Isn't she sweet?
smartsanjoo

Post by smartsanjoo »

My heartiest congratulations, Jeet.

This 'Hearing Aid' ad will surely turn lot of ears. Boss, you have it in you to be our next 'Cannes' torchbearer.

I really envy your style of creativity, brother. Such clarity of thought. Such innovative use of art. What great idea for the brand. I am simply out of words. :roll: Keep it up buddy. Sob... Sob...
jeet.kabasi

Post by jeet.kabasi »

@ Saumya- Frankly speaking, I am not that contended with this ad. :( This could have been better....way better than what it is. Firstly, i wanted it to be eye catchy, which I guess that i have failed to some extent. Actually, the signs of these hands represent the first four alphabets (i.e. A B C & D) of the deaf people. The target audience is any deaf guy who needs hearing aid. So, its natural for him to understand those signs. But, for a layman, it hardly means anything. Secondly, in the last but one line of the fratures part of the product, there is a spelling mistake. It should THROUGH rather than "THRU". Before I could have corrected it, it got printed.

@ Smartsanjoo- thanx a ton bro, but i feel that i could have done something better.
I have more options for the ad, but this one got selected...which is not a personal favorite of mine. Anyway, may be, we need to leave at least something upon luck.
And, you have crossed heights of exaggeration man. Both of us, i.e. you and i, know that its not even worth viewing twice. And Cannes is way ahead my friend. However, thanx for ur over-exaggerated appreciation. Ha ha ha ha :lol:
Saumya

Post by Saumya »

jeet, the thing is to be never satisfied. study the work around you and see if you can do better. one way of doing it, is to take an existing ad and make it better.
Kikikikikiki bleach-treated my avatar! Isn't she sweet?
jeet.kabasi

Post by jeet.kabasi »

Thanx dear. And I guess, this imperfection will make me strive for perfection & get the beast out of creativity.
jeet.kabasi

Post by jeet.kabasi »

Few ads of the same brand, that i created
Attachments
project 6.jpg
project 3.jpg
karizma alps1 copy.jpg
Ek Kanya

Post by Ek Kanya »

jeet, these are quite bad. sorry to say this. you have to go back to the drawing boards and see how these ideas have been executed much much better.
shantyarow

Post by shantyarow »

jeet, i hate to say this for a budding person in advertising, but these are frankly quite bad.

there are thoughts there, yes, but the execution looks like posters you would put in a train station or see in sidey publications in their classifieds sections.

have a look at what's happening in art direction worldwide. look at adsoftheworld.com or even the every day newspaper. there's something called 'simplicity' and 'aesthetics' and you need to open your mind to both.

don't be dejected. you obviously have the fire. but it needs to be trained, honed, clarified and simplified.
jeet.kabasi

Post by jeet.kabasi »

@ Ek Kanya & Shantyarow- Guys, frankly speaking, I feel blessed to have the golden pieces of advice. I am new here,and every advice from you will be of a great help. Anyway, I am looking for a job in any agency as a copy, but before that I need to get myself contended to get my fire within to a particular way, through proper mentors and proper judgment.Mistakes are greatest examples to learn from.