Can I re-Sale the Logo? Since client hasn't paid full and no agreement is written as copyright.

Any suggestions for improvement, any support requirements etc go here...

Moderators: kikikikikiki, diptanshu, Dalbir

ravisualizer

Can I re-Sale the Logo? Since client hasn't paid full and no agreement is written as copyright.

Post by ravisualizer »

Dear Team, Thank you for the group. :D
Here is my first topic.

Can I re-sale the logo to the new client who is interested to buy and take the copyright?

My first customer NRI who runs her Co. @ NJ, came to me by some source and called for some greeting card design.. soon after she asked for logo design, I quoted as per International standards. After the completion of work they just paid me very less amount than I quoted. They hasn't paid full and worked without any agreement. Now, they have using it internal ads like flyers, rate cards.

Some of American client was interested to buy the same logo now. Can I resale the logo in this circumstances?
Please help me in this regards!
Saumya

Re: Can I re-Sale the Logo? Since client hasn't paid full and no agreement is written as copyright.

Post by Saumya »

You need to return whatever money you received from the client and tell her you aren't interested in offering your design since she isn't paying for it. Make it official.
Kikikikikiki bleach-treated my avatar! Isn't she sweet?
ravisualizer

Re: Can I re-Sale the Logo? Since client hasn't paid full and no agreement is written as copyright.

Post by ravisualizer »

Thank you for the wise suggestion for my confusion. I do the same once the client response to my email. :D :D :D
Ek Kanya

Post by Ek Kanya »

Yeah make sure you nullify any exchange or contract between you and the first client by sending a written notice (an email should do) and refunding the money).
ravisualizer

Post by ravisualizer »

Yes.. I did sent a mail saying the same. I am waiting for their reply... and I know they won't respond. :? :? :)
Anurag

Post by Anurag »

Then, like Saumya said, refund the money and send them a mail asking to to desist from using your logo.
Advertising is 90% Gadhagiri 10% Pfaff
jungle ki raani

Post by jungle ki raani »

Actually I would like to see the logo.
mein jungle ki raani, tumhari honey.
ravisualizer

Post by ravisualizer »

Thank you all for kind response.. But Unfortunately little too late to get your opinions as the Client gone away for delaying of my reply. Thank you folks. But I wish this forum should be more active than this. For that please plan accordingly. Just a suggestion not anything else. :? :) :)
Anjana Kamat

Post by Anjana Kamat »

Hmm true. Some of us are a bit late in replying. What do you do? Full time freelance?
Saumya

Post by Saumya »

Sorry we are slow. But thats how we are :)
Kikikikikiki bleach-treated my avatar! Isn't she sweet?