Diwali, is a combination of the words “deepa” which means “light”, and “avail” which means “row”. Dubbed as India’s biggest, brightest, and most important holiday, Indians celebrate this festival by lighting clay lamps outside their houses as a symbol of the inner light that shields them from spiritual darkness. Also known as Dipawali, this festival is very important to the Indians in the same way that Christmas is of great value to the Christians.
For more than a hundred years, Diwali has Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, and Hindus joined in celebrating the Diwali festival regardless of the difference in faith practices. Indeed, it lives true to the term “festival of peace” as it is an opportunity for all of us to reunite with our friends and family.
When we are living thousands of miles away from our families, we opt to purchase digital Diwali cards that we can send to our loved ones. Fortunately, the worldwide web boasts of thousands of digital Diwali cards with different designs that anyone can freely choose. Of course, one way to make things even more special is by adding a personal touch and making your own digital Diwali cards. This gives us more room to share your artistic talent to the world.
For entrepreneurs, planning on establishing their own brand, Diwali festival presents an excellent opportunity since the message of this special holiday is sharing your light to the world and affirming that indeed there is a force far greater than your own that’s protecting you from negative spiritual energies. Strategically speaking, Diwali is also the time when people are in a very giving mood that’s why it’s the perfect time to push production to boost sales.
Are you thinking of creating custom digital Diwali cards? Canva makes this possible for you. As a matter of fact, this amazing online platform helps you to produce personalized digital Diwali cards in less than five minutes. Follow these quick six step process below:
1. All you have to do is sign up for an account in Canva and you can start working once you are finished with the registration.
2. Click on the “invitation” design type and try not to be too overwhelmed with the hundreds of various layout options that the platform has to offer.
3. You can make it even more personalized by uploading your own photos. If you are not too comfortable with that, you can also opt for Canva’s available stock images.
4. Once you’ve chosen the images that you wish to use, you can start playing with the different filters and adding your greetings inside the card.
5. You also have the freedom to tweak the fonts, background, and the color theme to add more flair to your digital Diwali cards.
6. Canva also offers you the freedom to kick it old school and have the cards printed, or go for a farther reach and send the digital Diwali card to friends and family through the different social media platforms!
Below are 10 Diwali Card Designs just for you. Download and if you want to add your name, or photo then customize it with Canva’s simple drag-&-drop feature. Design your custom Diwali card here.